Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Things learned in a year past

I've learned a lot about myself this past year. I've learned that despite the appearance of a relationship being happy from the inside, looking in from the outside will often prove contrary. I've learned that people crave safety in relationships, even if that means they'll be unhappy; as long as they're in a relationship they believe themselves to be happy despite the opposite being true. I've learned that I am wrong about myself often; I thought I could be happy outside of a relationship, that I didn't need someone else to make me happy. But anything I do for myself seems empty and meaningless without someone else to share it with. I've learned on long, cold, sleepless nights that a comforter can only do so much, and that someone quietly dreaming next to you will do so much more. I've learned the holidays are the worst time of the year to be alone. I've learned that if I could have nothing else, I'd want it to be someone to make me happy and to reciprocate for. I also fear I've learned that this is not something that will happen for me. I've tried to come to terms with the fact that I seem to be unlovable in anyway past simple friendship. I've also learned that anything that seems to pass from that realm of friendship into something more is short-lived, and doomed to an ignominious, scaring demise. I wish I could simply become a mindless drone in the cogs of society and go about my daily life with no hopes or aspirations of something better, the days blurring together until the day I stop being useful and pass into fading memory; a tool to be discarded with no feeling or emotion to cloud my purpose.



It's nothing but time and a face that you lose
I chose to feel in and you couldn't choose
I'll write you a postcard, I'll send you the news
From the house down the road from Real Love

Live through this, and you wont
Look
Back

There's one thing I want to say so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save...

-Stars: You're Ex-Lover is Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment